Skip Nav Destination
Publishing Life Cycle
At Portland Press we work hard to support our authors through all aspects of the publishing process.
Selecting the right journal for your work means that your paper will be reviewed by individuals with the appropriate expertise and, if published, will be read by the most-relevant audience.
Before submitting to a journal, consider the following factors:
- Review the journal scope and the types of papers considered by the journal. Do these speak to the audience that you hope to reach with your work?
- Review and familiarise yourself with any journal-specific requirements or policies.
- Do you want to publish your article open access? If so, is the journal fully open access or does it have an open access option?
- What does the peer review process for the journal look like?
You’ve done your research and have decided on where you are going to submit your work - what are the next steps when submitting to a Portland Press journal? Click on the sections below to find out more.
More information on Portland Press publishing policies can be found at the links below:
- To support our global author community, Portland Press has partnered with the Charlesworth Group to offer authors a 10% discount on their Charlesworth Author Services. Visit their website > or 请访问我们的中文网